Lets take a look on poverty:
• About 0.13% of the world’s population controlled 25% of the world’s financial assets.
• According to UNICEF, 24,000 children die each day due to poverty.
• 27-28 % of all children in developing countries are estimated to be underweight or stunted.
• Less than 0.68% of what the world spent every year on weapons was needed to put every child into school by the year 2009 and yet it didn’t happen.
• Almost two in three people lacking access to clean water survive on less than $2 a day, with one in three living on less than $1 a day.
• The loss of 443 million school days each year from water-related illness.
• 2.2 million Children die each year because they are not immunized. 15 million due to HIV/AIDS
• Number of children in the world 2.2 billion
• Number in poverty 1 billion (every second child).
• For the 1.9 billion children from the developing world, there are:
>>640 million without adequate shelter (1 in 3)
>>400 million with no access to safe water (1 in 5)
>>270 million with no access to health services (1 in 7)
• 3 in 4 ppl of rural area earn <1$/day
• Children out of education worldwide 800million
• Do something to YOUR motherland or to HUMANITY
Where the figures about education says:
} The total no of illiterates in India is more than combined population of England, France, Germany, Spain, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, South Korea, Japan.
} If u take more realistic meaning of education, no of illiterates in India is more total population of Europe continent.
} In a single word total no of illiterates is more than the population in 1947.
} No of drop outs each year is more than population of Australia.
} Those who drop down beyond class V is more than population of South Korea
} Who can’t cross class X is more than population of Japan
} 44% of workers don’t know what is education
} 22.7% of workers just done primary education